Sensory Preferences – Personalising Your Facial Experience
At Skin Essentials by Mariga we know that relaxation means something different to every client which is why we invite you to let us know your preferences with regard to different aspects of your facial experience.
We also understand that we all have different sensory experiences and tolerances, and work with each individual to create the most comfortable atmosphere for you.
- We can adjust both the ambient heat of the treatment room and the direct heat of the treatment bed to your comfort.
- Lighting can be adjusted to your preferred intensity or colour (some treatments can be in total darkness if you prefer – our dark room needs to be booked in advance so do let us know!).
- We have options on background music set to varying frequencies to match your mood or preference.
- We use noise cancelling technology to diffuse any outside sounds.
- We have a range of blankets in different textures and highly recommend our weighted blankets for extra relaxation and comfort.
- Please let us know if you have any scent sensitivities, we do keep the ambient scents as neutral as possible.
- By default we carry out all our classic facials and holistic treatments in silence once we have consulted and established your treatment plan for that day, but if you feel like chatting that’s good too.
- Some of our rooms are equipped with low / height adjustable beds for those with mobility issues (or short legs!) who find it hard to navigate onto standard height treatment beds, please let us know in advance if you need to pre-book a height adjustable treatment bed option.
We hope that reassures you if you have any particular sensory preferences, please do let us know if there is anything we have missed out on and we will work to make your visit as tailored as possible to your comfort. It is our aim to be as inclusive and accommodating as possible for all our guests.