Last week we talked about The Hard Truth of Cheap Beauty Treatments, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get your home skincare on a budget.
As we’ve said before, many of us have to cut back in this or that area of our spending as life happens! Especially in ‘dry’ January as we may have overspent during the Christmas period!?
So with that, let’s take a look at how you can make the best skincare choices on a budget…
(Originally published in Jan 2017, ‘Tis the Season for a tight budget)
3 tips for a budget friendly skincare routine
1. If you are using six different skincare products in your routine do you buy six cheaper versions or cut out a few from your routine?
It’s better to use nothing than the wrong thing!
If you are generally good wth your skincare and just find yourself temporarily having to choose between replacing one skincare item only or buying cheaper versions of several items, we recommend going without for a couple of weeks until you can get the right serum for example.
As long as you are using a good cleanser and SPF most skin types will find that their history of taking care of the skin will stand up to going without for a week or two. This is much better than replacing your normal moisturiser or serum with a cheaper version and possibly end up doing harm.
2. Make sure that you have the correct basic products for your skin as outlined above, then add the others when budget allows.
(Or drop hints to your nearest and dearest for birthdays, Christmas etc.)!
Here are the basics of a good budget routine for skin protection:
- Gentle, fragrance free cleanser and make up remover in one.
- Daytime moisturiser containing SPF, skin-conditioning ingredients, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- Night time facial oil to condition and add essentials fatty acids and anti-oxidants to the skin.
To make this routine even better add:
3. A morning treatment serum to address and correct any current problems with your skin such as inflammation, redness or dullness.
(We can advise you on the best for your particular skin needs).
Depending on your budget, you can make this routine the best possible by adding some serious anti-ageing in the form of a Vitamin A serum or cream for night.
Find the best products to build your home-care routine whatever your budget in our online shop:
If you would like one of our highly experienced skin therapists to help choose a personalised routine for you, simply email us at our Wexford clinic – firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 053 9145981 and we can work together to get you the best possible solutions in your budget.
Of course, there are lots of other budget-friendly tips and lifestyle changes that you can make to help keep your skin in great condition.
See the first in Mariga’s free skincare tips below, and find lots more on our Skin Essentials by Mariga YouTube channel.