Mariga’s quick tips for younger skin
Anti-ageing doesn’t need to be complicated or confusing. It can be hard to figure out the many types of anti-ageing treatment, products and ingredients that we are constantly bombarded with on social media, magazines, tv etc. From snails to stem cells, vampire facials to baby botox, there is a never-ending stream of “the next big thing” in anti-ageing. If you are overwhelmed with choice, bewildered by conflicting advice and unsure of what’s really necessary, this blog is for you. Below I have outlined the basics of sensible, proven anti-ageing treatments and products that are all you will need to see a visible difference in your skin. If non-invasive anti-ageing is your thing (we deal in ‘fresh not frozen’ outcomes) then read on! These are my top 3 in treatments and products for a younger complexion on all skin types.
Prefer your info in video format? Scroll to the bottom 🙂
Treatments top three:
- Microneedling – delay and reverse visible signs of ageing. This is the ultimate non-surgical treatment for giving you a youthful look that is fresh – not frozen. For those who want subtle yet visible revision of lines and laxity. Results are gradual and permanent. Fantastic also as a time-delay treatments for pre-ageing clients.
- LED light therapy. Powerful, natural, non-invasive and customisable. Stimulates collagen, gives a revitalised softness and glow back to your skin. Add-on to your facial to supercharge results or have a course for a deep skin re-boot on skin that has been neglected or over-exposed to the sun. I have been using LED therapy on my clients for over ten years now and it shows in their skin!
- Facial Massage. This old-school treatment will always have a place in our customised facials. A targeted, personalised facial massage is far more than just rubbing lotions into your skin. In the right hands it is a stand-alone anti-ageing tool that increases the availability of nutrition to the skin cells, stimulates lymph flow for sharper contours, releases muscle tension from the face, eyes and shoulders. Our therapists are trained in many types of massage so that we can tailor the best one for you. Examples are sculpting and lifting massage to give a more wide-awake and fresh look to the face and eyes, lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness or pressure point manipulation to relieve tension. And of course whatever method we choose for your facial, it’s blissful to receive!
Products top three:
- Gentle cleanser and SPF30 moisturiser are your basic core products in any skincare routine. Without a thorough, yet gentle, cleanse, your following products will not work to their full effectiveness. And, of course, we all know that prevention is better than cure, so SPF30 daily moisturiser is a must-have. From the Skin Essentials range look for Skin Comfort Cleanser and SPF30 Day Cream.
- Serum. If you have not yet started using serum then it is time to make the change! Well-formulated serums can deliver targeted actives much deeper than your treatment cream and deliver visible results over time. There are serums for all ages and skin requirements but from an anti-ageing point of view the number one ingredient to use is Vitamin A, the global gold-standard in effective anti-ageing. This ingredient is vital for skin health and function and will keep cellular turnover at optimum levels, giving you brighter, clearer skin with less congestion, diminished lines and a more even colour and texture. Choose the correct serum for your skin type then add a vitamin A serum at night for anti-ageing power on every skin type. From the Skin Essentials range look at Age Slowly Serum.
- Treatment Cream. Far more than a ‘moisturiser’, your chosen cream should supply nutrition, hydration and anti-oxidants at a minimum, then ideally you should be able to choose one that also has active ingredients for your skin’s particular needs. Ingredients to look out for: hyaluronic acid, plant butters, seed oils. Try to use creams that do not have silicone in the first few ingredients on the label as a general rule. For example: our Skin Comfort Cream is a fantastic universal cream for normal-dry skin types that will also provide multi-anti-oxidants, plant sterols to deeply moisturise and calm redness, all facilitating an environment where skin cells can function to their capacity, giving you a much slower ageing
For more information on any of these products or treatments, click the links in the text above, check out our treatments page, pop in top our clinic in Selskar, Wexford Town or call us on 053 9145981